Seeing this picture of 2009 shook me up!
I was clueless at the time about what lay ahead of me. I didn’t know that:
- Christchurch, New Zealand, the city I called home for 20 years, would be devastated by a 6.9 earthquake.
- Eleven of my friends and work colleagues would be losing their lives all on that one day.
- I was going to leave my older son, friends, clients, and my home.
- I’d be faced with an autoimmune disorder.
I didn’t know of the magic that was going to lie ahead either—that:
- I’d meet the love of my life and get married again.
- I’d move to Sedona, a magnificent place in Arizona, USA.
- My new life was going to be full of exciting opportunities, new friends, and amazing adventures.
Life is one big unknown.
We can visualize, intend, and plan, but ultimately we have no idea of how life will show up.
So…What do I know? What do I trust?
- I trust that I am always in the right place at the right time.
- If I want to embrace life, I need to embrace the unknown.
- I trust in my resourcefulness and ability to handle my thoughts and emotions.
- The growing awareness of my spiritual nature is my security.
- Valuable lessons and growth come out of all situations.
- When I let go of controlling life, life gives me everything I need and want.
- I trust in the love and support of my family, friends, and mentors that are always here.
Today I have no more clue about what lays ahead, as in 2009. I will continue to visualize and plan, and at the same time, trust in life to bring me just what I need when I need it for my highest good.
It always has, and it always will.